Application Deadline & Notification - Application Link
Now accepting applications for the Spring 2017 festival! Applications must be received by January 13, 2017.
Texas State Sales Tax
It is the responsibility of the artist to apply for the Texas State Sales Tax ID# and to report their earning as being sold in Richardson, Texas. The state sales tax rate is 8.25%. For more information on filing call 1-800-252-5555.
Artist Information Packet
Check out our one-stop artist's guide to everything going on at Cottonwood Art Festival: the Artist Newsletter! And for infomation on booth numbers and locations, please check out the Site Map.
You will find the information for your online reservation link below. If you have questions or need help with the link, please do not hesitate to ask. We appreciate your business and look forward to a successful event.
Cottonwood Arts Festival -Artist Block
Start date: 9/29/16
End date: 10/3/16
Last day to book: 9/8/16
Marriott hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
· Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Spring Valley for 61.00 USD per night
Book your group rate for Cottonwood Arts Festival -Artist Block
- This is a rain or shine event.
- Art Collectors from Texas and Surrounding States Attend Cottonwood
- Varied Menu of Fine Food, Wine and Beer
- Local Boy Scout Troop will help you load and unload your merchandise
- Beautiful Lakeside Setting
- Live Entertainment on the “Courtyard Stage,” as well as in Select Areas Throughout the Festival
- Hands-On Children's Art Activities and Entertainment
- State and Regional Advertising, Promotion and Public Relations
- Flat Booth Fee, No Commissions
- Free Map and Commemorative Brochure Highlighting Featured Artists
- Festival Website Promotes Cottonwood Art Festival Throughout The Year
- Complimentary Tickets (2) to the Friday Night VIP Dinner Party
- Booth Sitters Available Upon Request
- Free Festival Shuttle System and Parking
- 24 Hour On Site Security from Set-Up until Load-Out
The following policies and rules have been established by Cottonwood Art Festival to ensure quality and integrity of the show.
- The Festival will receive and review all Artists' applications.
- Exhibition in previous Festivals does not guarantee acceptance.
- Double Booths are very limited and will be available starting the day the notifications are sent, they will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis as booth payment is received.
- Corner booths are assigned by the Festival Director.
- The booth image submitted with artist’s application will be referenced in order to determine the appropriateness of the booth’s design and integrity in order to maintain the highest possible standards of presentation at the event.
- Artists may jury in more than one category, but not with the same body of work. Only one application may be submitted per body of work with a jury fee for each category. The artist must use the same name for both applications.
- Artists may only exhibit and sell work in the media category for which they are accepted.
- The jury committee or festival staff reserves the right to refuse exhibition of work that is not consistent with the submitted images and the rules listed above. Failure to comply will result in immediate removal from the festival with no refund.
- All work submitted and exhibited must be original, handcrafted work produced by the artist and may not be the result of work by any person other than the artist, or the artist and his/her collaborating artists.
- Collaborating artists are permitted; however, any representation other than a true, hands-on artistic collaboration will not be tolerated. Only the collaborating artists are allowed to participate in the creative and mechanical process of the work being exhibited – not their assistants. Collaborating artists may exhibit only their collaborative work(s). Both collaborating artists must be present for the entire duration of the event.
- All Artists must be present on site during the entire Festival. No spouses or other representatives will be permitted in place of artist. Photo ID is required at check-in.
- Quality, unframed reproductions of two-dimensional originals, signed and numbered by the Artist are the only acceptable form of sales in addition to the original works. Artists must define “reproduction" or “limited edition" through their Artist Statement, and each piece must be clearly and individually labeled as “reproduction," signed and numbered appropriately. Reproductions and limited editions may be shown in a portfolio and may not occupy wall space in the artist’s booth. The original work must be available and on-sale in the Artist’s booth.
- Cottonwood Art Festival does not permit the sale of promotional items such as postcards, books, note cards, posters, coloring books, or any other offset reproductions. T-shirts may not be sold.
- All jewelry must have been juried in the jewelry category. Only those artists accepted in the jewelry category may display or sell jewelry.
- Cancellations must be delivered in writing (including email) by March 11, 2016 to receive a 50% back plus $25 administration fee. No refunds after March 11, 2016.
- Participating exhibitors will be responsible for collecting and paying current Texas sales tax on all sales made during the show, and report them as being sold in Richardson, Texas.
- Artists will receive an artist packet at check-in. Included will be a survey sheet that must be filled out and returned before you load-out on Sunday.
- All rental tents must be delivered and set-up by the Wednesday prior to the show. Artist should not be present for rental tent set-up.
- The Artist will supervise and maintain the space provided, using his/her skill and attention, and shall be solely responsible for all labor, material, equipment, tools and other facilities through the duration of the event, including take-down.
- The Artist shall be responsible for initiating; maintaining and supervising all safety precautions in his/her assigned space.
- Artists must comply with all safety requirements, and vehicles must be parked only in designated areas. Noncompliance will result in elimination from consideration for any future festivals.
- If the City of Richardson is required for reasons beyond its control to postpone, shorten or cancel Cottonwood Art Festival, no artist shall have any right or claim for any damages whether direct, indirect or consequential, or any other kind, arising or alleged to arise by reason of postponement or cancellation of the event.
- No refunds or preferred treatment can be made for inclement weather or any other causes not in the control of the City of Richardson and Cottonwood Art Festival.
- A City of Richardson Participation Waiver must be signed and delivered (mail or email) to the Festival Director before April 30, 2016.
Cottonwood Art Festival invites you to participate in our Visiting Artist Program. This program is designed to encourage school age children to participate in the visual arts and will give them the opportunity to interact with you, a professional artist. By sharing your time and talent students will gain valuable information and be given inspiration and encouragement that they may never receive. For a young student who loves to draw it may be just what he or she needs to set them on a career path in art. This program has become ever so popular among the students, teachers and artists who have given their time. It’s a chance for the entire community to learn more about the visual arts and the impact it has on our lives. Cottonwood Art Festival is very grateful to all of the artists who have participated in this program and hope you will continue to support our efforts in art education.
Plus, there are perks like early move in, front of the line passes, goodies bags and our sincere appreciation.
For the artists who are interested in visiting a classroom for a presentation or demonstration please email email@example.com.
If you are interested in playing on the main stage at Cottonwood, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, September 29: noon – 3:00 p.m. For All Oversized Vehicles Must Contact Serri Ayers before September 23, 2016.
Thursday, September 29: 3:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Open to all artists
Friday, September 30: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Open to all artists
Saturday, October 1: 7:00 a.m. – 9 a.m. Open to all artists
If you are going to be late setting up on Friday or Saturday please call Serri in advance at (972) 744-4582.
- Booth set-up may begin after you have checked in at the festival check-in location and picked up your packet with your booth number and other festival information.
- Photo Identification is required at check-in!
- You have one hour to unload your vehicle before moving to artist parking.
- Do not block the park street with your vehicle.
- No vehicles are allowed on the park grass or park sidewalk.
- Unloading is done from the curb, a dolly is recommended.
- A Boy Scout Troop is available for assistance.
- Saturday load-in and set-up must be complete by 9:00 a.m.
- Click here for map and directions.
- Click here for a map of Cottonwood Park.
- Artist parking on Saturday and Sunday is located across the street from the park at the high school football stadium parking lot.
- There will be festival staff available at the entrance of the parking lot to take your parking pass.
- You may not park anywhere near the festival grounds!
- There will be a free shuttle running Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- No RV’s or unhitched trailers of any kind are allowed to park in the festival parking lot or along the park street.
- RV’s that are parking in the stadium parking lot will not have access to electricity.
- Vehicles will not be allowed in the park for load-out until the street is opened by a festival official and you have obtained a load-up pass from Boy Scouts.
- Passes will be given only when your booth area has been completely broken down and packed up.
- No early breakdown. Festival officially closes at 5 p.m. on Sunday, and due to safety concerns the street will not be opened for artists until patrons have cleared the roadway.